Why This Course?
I've been teaching courses about women's health for the past decade - but I realised that none of the courses I attended or taught really gave me an understanding of how female hormones really work and how the influence almost every function of our bodies and minds...AND what we can do when our hormones are not optimally balanced!
This course will put it all together - an understanding of the menstrual cycle, how hormones influence EVERYTHING from pelvic health to athletic performance (and how we can keep them happy and healthy.
We'll take a deep dive into what's happening hormonally at three key points of the female life cycle - the menstrual years, the maternity experience and the transition from peri-menopause to life after menopause
This is a BIG course - so you'll have evergreen access to all the material, so you'll never feel panic again when you're dealing with issues from pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain to postmenopausal wellness!
1. Understand the menstrual cycle, and how the changes in female sex hormones can impact pelvic health and the entire health ecosystem
2. Appreciate the hormonal complexity of the perinatal year in the context of pelvic health and whole person wellness
3. Develop an awareness of the importance of the psychosocial contributors to the lived experience of people going through menopause, with an emphasis on pelvic, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health
4. Examine the existing body of evidence supporting the inclusion of physical therapy & conservative management techniques in addressing bladder, bowel, sexual dysfunctions across various life stages, including the major transitions through the menstrual, maternal and menopausal life stages
5. Formulate strategies for implementing and advocating for the inclusion of pelvic physical therapy in menopausal treatment pathways, considering multidisciplinary approaches and person- centered care